Sunday 26 June 2016

What is a Dad Bod?

The Dad Bod - is a male body type that is best described as "softly round." It's built upon the theory that once a man has found a mate and fathered a child, he doesn't need to worry about maintaining a sculpted physique.

There seems to be a real interest in this body shape over the past year or so, with it even being dubbed 'the hottest trend in Hollywood.' And while I used this as an excuse as to why I wasn't bothered to motivate myself, it is at a point where I need to sort it out.

Although I have yet to post a picture of my Dad Bod. To get an idea, follow this account on Instagram -




I can't see myself making a transformation as impressive as someone like Chris Pratt. The aim is to get rid of as much of my belly as possible, tone up a little and generally get my fitness up.

The plan is to cut out all the crap food I eat and try and exercise as much as possible.

I will share every other day the exercise and meals I have eaten in the hope that my journey may inspire others. I will share other thoughts about life as a Dad. This won't be a catalogue of motivational quotes, pictures etc. Rather a true and down to earth insight into trying to balance being a Dad, husband, holding down a tough job and keeping my dad bod in check!

Resisting temptation will be a big challenge, I mean, why would anyone want to get rid of a Dad Bod when you hear Emilia Clarke making claims like this, "I want someone who is super smart, can make me laugh, has like a dad bod."

So I have the Dad Bod, just need to work on my jokes and be smart, shouldn't be too hard! You can read more about that interview here.

Stay focused! 😉

Follow me on twitter - @DadBod_Blog

No comments :

Post a Comment